It's summer, and I don't know about your kitchen, but mine is hot! You want dinner, but don't want a big meal... and you're a bit tired of barbequed chicken or hamburgers. In fact, if you're like us, this time of year planning a meal sometimes just feels like work. No te preocupes! (Don't worry!) We've got a summer tapas dinner menu to put out, and let your family "graze."
It might look like a long list, but only two of the items require cooking! The rest of the dishes just need slicing and serving. Prepare all the items listed below, and you can serve 6 for dinner. Who knows? You might convince your family to help prepare it!
- Traditional Tomato Gazpacho Andaluz Recipe - Andalusian Cold Tomato Soup, of if you prefer refreshing a creamy cold soup with cucumbers, garlic and yogurt, try White Gazpacho Soup Recipe - Gazpacho Blanco
- Goat Cheese with Paprika, Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Capers Recipe
- Spanish Omelet Step-by-Step Recipe - Tortilla Espanola
- Spicy Spanish Pork Recipe - Picadillo or Pork Kabobs - Pinchos Morunos (Don't worry about marinating overnight if you are in a hurry - let the meat marinate for 30 minutes while you prepare the other dishes)
- Jamón, Queso y Chorizo con Pan - Ham, Cheese and Chorizo with Bread
- 2 Rustic French-Style Baguettes
- Spanish Red Wine, such as Marques de Riscal, Marques de Caceres, or a California red such as a Cabernet or Zinfandel
- Large Pitcher of Cold Water or Gaseosa (Sparkling Water) or Lemonade
- Dessert - Sparkling Wine Lemon Sorbet Recipe - Sorbete de Cava y Limon
If you prefer a green salad instead of cold soup, try Spanish Mixed Green Salad Recipe - Ensalada Mixta.
Photo © Lisa Sierra, licensed to About.com, Inc.