Father's Day is celebrated in March in Spain, however it's celebrated in June in the USA, when summer is in full swing and the weather is perfect for outdoor dining. So, we've put together two sets of Spanish menus for dad's celebration. One is a casual dinner with cool summer dishes, while the other is a more traditional menu. Don't forget the drinks! At the bottom, there is a short list of Spanish drinks for warm weather.
Cool and Casual Dinner Menu
If you like to grill and enjoy eating on the patio, this is the perfect menu for you. The dishes are cool and refreshing, and the kabobs are grilled outside. No need to heat up the kitchen!
- Ham, Cheese, Chorizo and Bread Recipe - Jamón, Queso y Chorizo con Pan
- Grilled Eggplant in Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe - Berenjena con Vinagreta
- Easy Spiced Lamb Kabob Recipe, served with a class Spanish sauce, like alioli or romesco
- Home-Fried Potato Recipe - Patatas Fritas
- Spanish Lemon Cream Recipe - Crema de Limon
Traditional Dinner Menu
If you prefer a traditional dinner, below is a menu complete with salad, main course and dessert:
- Spanish Mixed Green Salad Recipe - Ensalada Mixta
- Pork Chops with Peppers & Brandy-Chuletas de Cerdo con Ajo, Pimientos y Brandy
- Garlic Paprika Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Coffee-Cocoa Ice Dessert Recipe - Granizado de Café y Cacao
Spanish wine can be served with any meal, however the Spanish also drink cool and refreshing punches and cocktails during warm summer months.