Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 1 small chicken (or 10 pieces chicken), cut into small pieces*
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced into long strips
- 2-3 cups medium grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional - for yellow coloring)
- 4-5 Tbsp extra virgin Spanish olive oil
* Legs and thighs work well for this recipe because they are small and easy to stir.
This chicken and rice recipe makes 4-6 servings.
In a large frying pan or skillet, saute tomato, onion and pepper in olive oil. When onion is translucent, add pieces of chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes.
Add rice to pan, stirring to coat all the grains with the oil. Add chicken broth and turmeric, if desired. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the rice is cooked – approximately 20 minutes.
Serving suggestion – Ensalada de Pepino - Cucumber Salad