This fideua - Noodle Paella recipe makes 8 servings.
To prepare this recipe you will need a 17 inch (144cm) paella pan. Due to the size of the pan, we recommend that you cook the fideua on a kettle BBQ or gas paella burner for even heat distribution. Assemble all the ingredients and kitchen equipment on a table near the barbecue or burner, so that you can stay in the area and monitor the cooking.
If using a charcoal barbecue, light the coals about 20-30 minutes before you will start cooking. When the coals are covered in white ash, cooking can begin.
If using a gas paella burner, clean burner assembly according to manufacturer's instructions, and light when ready to start cooking.
- 1/2 lb (250 gr) fish, such as tunny, halibut or shark
- 6 cups (1.42 liters) fish or shrimp stock
- 1/2 lb (250 gr) large shrimp, shell on
- 1/2 lb (250 gr) small clams (venus or manila)
- 10 mussels
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 dry red pepper pods
- 1/2 lb (250 gr) squid, cleaned
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg) vermicelli or angel hair pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 4 to 6 oz (118-177 ml) Spanish virgin olive oil
- salt to taste