Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1-2 red apples, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced in rings
- 8 oz canned red beets, drained
- Red Wine or Sherry Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 1 15 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- black olives, pitted and drained
- 1-2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
Cut the lettuce head in half. Rinse the lettuce under cold water and allow to drain. While lettuce is draining, cut the apples and oranges. Peel and slice onions and avocado. Drain beets.
Break up the lettuce into small pieces for a salad. Make a bed of lettuce on a large platter. On top of the bed of lettuce, sprinkle the other ingredients.
Dress with oil and vinegar and salt to taste.