Salty tuna and mayonnaise, combined with a sweet, juicy canned peach half is a bit unusual, but the combination of flavors works! Serve it as a tapa or a first course. Since the peaches are canned, it is a recipe that can be prepared year-round. It is so easy that takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
Another version, which adds a few more ingredients to the tuna stuffing appears below the recipe, and includes olives, canned salmon and chopped prawns.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 can (15-16 oz) peach halves in syrup
- 7 oz (198 gr) tuna in oil
- 8 walnut halves (optional)
Open the peaches and tuna, and drain both.
Flake the tuna in a small bowl and spoon in a heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise. Mix well, adding mayonnaise if needed.
Coarsely chop walnut halves.
Place the peach halves cut side up on a serving plate. Spoon the tuna mixture on to each peach half and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve cold.
This version adds a few more ingredients to the tuna filling.
- Reduce the tuna by a half.
- Add a half dozen pitted, sliced black olives.
- Add 3 oz flaked canned salmon.
- Add 2-3 prawns (cooked, peeled and chopped).
- Mix with mayonnaise.
Mound on peach halves and serve.