Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb frozen seafood mix
- 10 puff pastry shells, frozen and ready to bake
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) brandy
- 1/2 pint (237 ml) whipping cream
- 1 tsp corn starch (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 sprigs fresh parsley
This seafood in puff pastry shells makes 8 appetizer servings.
- In the USA, individual puff pastry shells are sold in packages of 6, weighing a total of 10 oz.
- The frozen seafood mix includes chopped, cleaned squid, mussels and clams without shells, as well as imitation crab.
Place seafood mix into a colander. Rinse and allow to drain.
Bake pastry shells according to the directions on package. (This generally takes 20 minutes.)
Finely chop onion and parsley. Set parsley aside. Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom frying pan. Sauté onion in pan until translucent. Add the tomato sauce and brandy and flambé the brandy.
Add the cream and stir, simmering for 2-3 minutes. Add seafood mix and stir to coat. Cook for 3-5 minutes on low, stirring often. If sauce does not thicken, mix corn starch with 1 Tbsp water and add to seafood filling. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Fill the pastry cups with seafood filling, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately while hot.