Prep Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours, 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless lean lamb*
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Spanish sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cumin (ground)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 dozen metal or bamboo skewers
This Spiced Lamb Kabob recipe makes 4-5 servings as a main course and 8-10 servings as an appetizer.
* In the USA, lamb is older and larger than lambs in Spain. It’s what the Spanish call “macaco.” The best cut of lamb to use to make kabobs is the leg because it is the meatiest and leanest.
Make sure that the lamb is lean and fat has been trimmed before cubing. Cut lamb into 1-inch or 1.5-inch cubes and place into glass bowl.
Peel and mince garlic cloves. Add garlic and spices to bowl with lamb and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover lamb in airtight container and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
When ready to grill, remove lamb from refrigerator. Cut peppers into 1-inch pieces or strips. Slide lamb cubes and peppers onto skewers, alternating.
Grill until lamb is cooked. Serve kabobs with rice or a Spanish sauce, such as:
- Spanish Onion Relish Recipe - Salsa de Cebolla
- Salbitxada Sauce Recipe from Cataluna
- Cilantro Green Sauce Recipe – Mojo de Cilantro
- Garlic Mayonnaise Recipe - Alioli Sauce
- Red Pepper Sauce Recipe - Mojo Picon
- Roast Red Pepper Garlic Mayonnaise Recipe
- Romesco Sauce Recipe - Salsa Romesco
More About Peppers & Spanish Pepper Recipes
- Peppers or "Pimientos," Essential Ingredient in Spanish Food, Fresh, Sauteed, Roasted, Baked or Stuffed, The Spanish Love Their Peppers