The Bottom Line
- Full-bodied with Aroma of Fruit and Vanilla
- Ready to Drink Now
- Easy to Pair with Beef or Pork, or Tapas
- High Quality Wine under $20
- Vineyards in the Ribera del Duero DO, Spain
- Tinta del Pais (synonymous with Tempranillo)
- Made from the Winery's Own Grapes
- Aged in Oak Barrels for 6 Months
- 2007 Vintage
- Production: 120,000 Bottles
Guide Review - Arrocal 2007 Tempranillo
The tempranillo is made from 25-year old tempranillo vines, native to Spain, its' berry and vanilla aroma is alluring. In the mouth, it is very full and soft, with moderate tannins. The berry in the wine balances the subtle oak flavor. The acidity and tannins keep the fruit flavors of the wine from being "jammy," like some California Zinfandels.
Bodegas Arrocal has received plenty of positive press, as well as awards. Both Robert Parker and the Wine Spectator rated this wine highly. The 2006 and 2007 vintages have each received great reviews both in Spain and internationally.