Cocktail parties are popular, especially around the holidays. They are a great way to entertain lots of friends, without making an entire dinner. So, tapas, the little dishes of Spain are practically tailor-made for these occasions!
The Menu: Tapas
We love to cook and to entertain, so we put together a special list of tapas, many of which can be prepared ahead, and are easy to eat one-handed - perfect for a holiday cocktail party.
- Top Tapas for Holiday Parties - Choose from our list of tapas, made to order for grazing at a cocktail party.
The Drinks: Spanish Vinos
- Top Spanish Wines Under $20 - Spain continues to produce a wide variety of quality wines priced at $20 or less. Any of these wines would make fine additions to a holiday celebration. On a tight budget? You can still purchase good quality Spanish wines for around $10 per bottle. We shared our favorites with About's Guide to Entertaining for her article Host a Holiday Tapas Cocktail Party.
- Cava – Spanish Sparkling Wine - Learn about the different types of Spanish cava. For these occasions, we recommend a brut cava . Sparkling wines are very festive and Spanish cava is good quality and affordable.
Preparation: Tips from About's Guide to Entertaining
Are you apprehensive about hosting a cocktail party because you've never done it before, or think you can't handle it?! No hay problema! Donna Pilato, About's Guide to Entertaining has you covered:
- How To Prepare a Shopping List For a Party - Avoid feeling overwhelmed, or running to the store at the last minute because you are missing key ingredients, following these simple steps.
- Hosting a Cocktail Party is a complete cocktail entertaining guide, which includes a list of tips for hosting a successful event.