Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 pounds (1 kg) Oyster mushrooms or "setas del cardo"
- 6 oz (150 gr) boneless pork loin
- 2 oz (50 gr) Serrano ham
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil for sautéing
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 sprigs flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 oz (70 ml) white wine
- 2 1/2 oz (70 ml) beef stock
- parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)
Rinse and dry the mushrooms. Cut into small pieces. Trim fat off pork and cut into cubes. Cut ham into small cubes, leaving fat on.
Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
In a large heavy bottom frying pan, pour a few tablespoons of olive oil and heat on medium. Sauté the onion and garlic until onion softens. Add the pork, ham, bay leaf and thyme and continue to sauté 2-3 minutes on low heat, stirring often. Salt to taste and add the mushroom. Sauté for another 10-15 minutes.
Add the parsley, wine and stock to pan. Raise the heat and bring the liquid to a boil until liquid is reduced.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot on small plates. Accompany with rustic bread.